Date: 24 Mar/ 21 Apr/ 18 May, 2020
Duration: 1 Day
AWS Technical Essentials introduces you to AWS services, and common solutions. It provides you with fundamental knowledge to become more proficient in identifying AWS services. It helps you make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements and get started working on AWS.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console.
- Understand the foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Understand AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Understand AWS management tools, including Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor.
This course is intended for:
- Individuals responsible for articulating the technical benefits of AWS services to customers
- Individuals interested in learning how to get started with using AWS
- SysOps administrators, Solution Architects and developers interested in using AWS services
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Module 1: AWS introduction and history
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Demonstration: AWS Management Console
Module 2: Compute, network and storage services
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Demonstration: Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Hands-on lab: Build your VPC and launch a web server
Module 3: AWS Security, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Demonstration: AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Module 4: Databases (RDS, DynamoDB)
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Data storage considerations
- Hands-on lab: Build your database server and connect to it
Module 5: AWS elasticity and management tools
- Auto scaling
- Load balancing
- Cloud Watch
- Trusted Advisor
- Hands-on lab: Scale and load balance your architecture