Can’t make it to AWS Summit Ottawa in person? No problem!
Register today at no cost for access to the livestream broadcast on September 8, 2022, of the keynote and five breakout sessions.*
When: Thursday, September 8, 2022.
How: The live stream URL will be provided in the confirmation email after completion of the registration form.
Sessions being livestreamed*
MDM102 | How to launch enterprise transformation and optimize cost (sponsored by Intel)
9:00 AM EST
- It's possible to achieve speed while maintaining control and adhering to guardrails. In this session, hear from Athabasca University about how its integrated approach to the cloud helps enable teams, promotes experimentation, and leverages a continuous improvement mindset. IT and business leaders now have a mechanism to tailor and scale their value-driven cloud transformation programs. In this session, learn ways to control costs and increase cloud return on investment. (Sponsored by Intel)
MDM101 | Why digital government is essential
10:00 AM EST
- A successful digital transformation is more than digitizing data and moving it to the cloud. The process should include evolving the needs, organization, and culture of the enterprise. Organizations must transform their people, processes, and technologies to be successful in the cloud. The expectations of an increasingly digital citizenry are high, and many levels of government face budgetary and human resource constraints. In this session, learn how cloud computing can help government organizations increase innovation, agility, and resiliency, all while reducing costs.
KEY101 | Featuring Sean P. Roche, National Security Director, AWS
11:15 AM EST
- Join Sean Roche, director of national security at AWS, as he shares stories of innovation in the public sector, celebrates pioneers driving change, and provides an outlook on the opportunities ahead. In this keynote, Sean explores how to use AWS to turn data into an asset, push the boundaries of what is possible with flexibility and scale, and architect with security in mind, while moving fast and keeping costs low. Three Canadian public sector customers will also take the stage to share their stories on how they are leveraging AWS to accelerate innovation, improve citizens' lives, and transform their operations' driving their missions forward.
MDM201 | Create accessible citizen services with digital ID systems
1:30 PM EST
- As governments around the world digitize services in response to COVID-19, individuals are often asked to prove their identity on digital channels. Creating a unique digital ID for each person helps verify their identity. Cloud-based implementation approaches provide the speed, scale, and security needed for digital ID to succeed. In this session, hear how digital ID systems allow for efficient implementation of all services that hinge on personal identification, making them more accessible.
MDM103 | Drive change with Amazon's culture of innovation
2:30 PM EST
- Amazon's approach to innovation has remained consistent since the company first launched: Start with the customer and work backwards. In this session, join the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to hear about lessons learned, valuable insights, and best practices from Amazon's cultural mechanisms and the agency's innovation journey.
MDM104 | Digital training for the government workforce
3:40 PM EST
- As organizations continue their digital transformations at an accelerating rate, investing in digital skills training has become imperative. To build a diverse and ready workforce, governments, training providers, and employers must work together to provide more accessible and targeted skills training. In this session, hear from Canada School of Public Service and D2L on how they were able to close the cloud skills gap.
*Summit agenda and confirmed livestream sessions are subject to change. You can view the Summit agenda here.
Contact us at [email protected].