Join us for the livestream broadcast of the AWS Summit Canberra keynote session and select sessions.
When: Wednesday, 31 August, 2022
How: The live stream URL will be provided in the confirmation email after completion of the registration form.
Check out the livestream agenda
Please note the livestream will only feature the keynote session and select sessions listed below. The full AWS Summit Canberra agenda will only be available to attendees that join in person. *Agenda is subject to change.
EXP203 | Build sustainable and smart buildings with AWS IoT
9:00 AM AEST
- The University of Melbourne built a campus-wide Internet of Things (IoT) network and smart campus solution using AWS IoT services; data lake services including Amazon S3, AWS Glue, and Amazon Athena; and solutions from AWS Partners Meshed and Splunk. The move to the cloud resulted in US$400,000 in energy savings in 2020 and improved student health and safety through better ventilation. In this session, learn how you can use AWS ProServe, AWS IoT Core, and AWS Partners to make your buildings more sustainable.
USE201 | How to protect the Great Barrier Reef using AI and the cloud
9:50 AM AEST
- The Great Barrier Reef is Earth's largest coral reef system, known for its breathtaking beauty. The Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) developed the ReefCloud project to help researchers around the world visualise the status and health of coral reefs. This session explores how AIMS uses AWS machine learning and serverless technologies in their advanced mapping and geotagging ReefCloud application to increase accuracy when monitoring changes to the Great Barrier Reef over time, aiding them in their work to preserve its unique ecosystem.
KEY101 | Keynote with Max Peterson, Vice President Worldwide Public Sector, AWS, Iain Rouse, Director, Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania, AWS, and featured customer speakers
11:00 AM AEST
- Join Max Peterson as he discusses the accelerated innovation in the public sector, celebrates pioneers driving change, and provides an outlook on the opportunities ahead. Max will highlight how the cloud is helping our customers pave new paths and deliver mission-critical outcomes that are making the world a better and safer place while enabling them to move faster, improve security, and keep costs low.
- Iain Rouse will kick off the keynote with highlights from Australia and New Zealand, and provide updates on how AWS is continuing to invest in this region. He will also highlight some of the activities and sessions to get involved in throughout the day. Get inspired and ready to build.
Featured customer speakers include:
- Dr Zoran Bolevich, Chief Executive of eHealth NSW and the Chief Information Officer (CIO) for NSW Health
- Teresa Dickinson, Deputy Australian Statistician, Census and Data Services Group, Australian Bureau of Statistics
NEW101 | Cloud journey 101: Migrating the Revenue NSW crown jewels
1:00 PM AEST
- Revenue NSW collects more than 30 billion dollars in fines and taxes annually (38 percent of annual state revenue) with a suite of crown jewel applications. In 2021, these applications were operating on end-of-life hardware, so Revenue NSW began their cloud migration. In this session, hear how Revenue NSW increased reliability and reduced operational costs through their cloud migration, and learn best practices for public organisations looking to begin their own cloud journeys.
NEW203 | Transform healthcare through data and insights
1:50 PM AEST
- Easy access to data from frontline clinical and corporate systems helps improve quality of care and increase efficiency in healthcare. In this session, hear from NSW Health on how the organisation built a statewide data lake and analytics platform on the AWS Cloud. Dive into how the solution ingests sensitive data at scale from multiple clinical and corporate systems and provides a secure and governed environment for analysis, machine learning, and rapid experimentation.
USE203 | Speed and scale, delivered: Serverless contact tracing solutions
2:50 PM AEST
- In response to COVID-19, Service NSW rapidly deployed an innovative contact tracing solution in New South Wales. Service NSW developed the COVID Safe Check-in solution that delivered 750 QR-code scans per second and over 1 billion check-ins. In this session, join Service NSW as they discuss how they used AWS serverless technologies to scale their contact tracing services, reduced their time to market by three weeks, and innovated across their state service offerings.
INV203 | Weather forecasting on the cloud supercomputer
3:40 PM AEST
- Numerical weather prediction (NWP) models require large amounts of computing power. Model runs often have to be staggered using on-premises supercomputers because there is a need for more models and higher resolutions than can be run concurrently. Scientists from the Bureau of Meteorology are exploring cloud technologies for the flexibility and scalability that they offer. In this session, hear how they ran a semi-operational weather forecasting model using AWS high performance computing (HPC) services. Learn how this fully automated solution used AWS ParallelCluster, Amazon S3, AWS Step Functions, AWS Lambda, and Amazon API Gateway to orchestrate the end-to-end model runs.
Contact us at [email protected].
Interested in on-demand content?
Be the first to know when AWS Summit Canberra on-demand content goes live.