Broadcast Date: April 2, 2020
With people in many cities and countries now being asked to work or learn from home, organizations are increasingly looking for options to make that work productive and secure. AWS has a set of solutions to help quickly support remote employees, contractors, students, and contact center agents. In this session, AWS leaders will give you an overview and answer questions about six services you may find helpful, including Amazon WorkSpaces, Amazon AppStream 2.0, Amazon Connect, Amazon Chime, Amazon WorkDocs, and AWS Client VPN, and will give you guidance on how you can get started quickly and information on free offers currently available to new customers.
- Understand which AWS solutions enable Work from Home scenarios, as well as how to get started
- Understand which AWS solutions enable Learn from Home scenarios, as well as how to get started
- Understand which AWS solutions enable virtual contact center scenarios, as well as how to get started
Who Should Attend?
IT Leadership looking to enable work and learn from home scenarios
- Scott Brown, Head of GTM, Productivity Applications, AWS
- Yasser El-Haggan, WW Technical Leader, Amazon Connect
- Jeff Ferris, WW Technical Leader, End User Computing, AWS
- Joe Trelli, Specialized Solutions Architect, Amazon Chime
To learn more about the services featured in this talk, please visit:
Service How To
December 19th, 2018 | 1:00 PM PT
Developing Deep Learning Models for Computer Vision with
Amazon EC2 P3 Instances.