CDCA Defense Summit – Security Jam | South Carolina
Amazon Web Services will provide the beat and cybersecurity scenarios where you can learn and test your metal against simulated security incidents. Can you identify what caused the blues? What would you do differently? How can you architect multiple AWS services to prevent it from happening again? How do you automate How do you respond faster? Take part in our jam to find out!
What's the security jam?
A half-day consisting of a series of challenges related to leveraging a wide range of AWS Services in a cybersecurity context. We will provide you and your team with access to pre-created infrastructure and your tasks if to identify what has happened, how to respond and deploy appropriate countermeasures.
The challenges will have varying degrees of difficulty and we will provide clues and guidance to help you get through. Challenges will have points associated with them and live leaderboard will be shown in the room. A special souvenir will be awarded to the top teams. No time limits, only right answers and creativity grant you points!
As the challenges develop, you will take the initial infrastructure and challenge by challenges, improve it into a resilient and secure deployment. Use your knowledge of AWS Services, Information Security and also learn as you go -we will have a number of experience AWS
Mentors in the room that will be available to discuss ideas, provide guidance and in general help your team get through any roadblocks that pop up.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Just bring yourself, your laptop (and power adapter), and your detective skills. And, to hit the ground running, make sure to have a web browser, the AWS Command Line Tools (AWS CLI), and an SSH client pre-installed on your machine.
- Please request *.qwiklabs.com for your website exception, as the sub domain can change.
- If you cannot use your laptop, we will provide one for you. Just contact us after you've received the confirmation email.
Do I need AWS or Security experience in order to participate?
- We find that it is important to have experience in at least one of the two. If you are an AWS guru, this can be an opportunity to learn from the security experts and vice versa.
How much does it cost to participate in the Security Jam?
- Participants are invited to join at no cost.
Date: Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Time: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Location: Charleston Convention Center, Level 2, Rooms 6 & 7, 5001 Coliseum Dr, North Charleston, South Carolina 29418, United States (view map)