Date: February 8-9, 2018
: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Day 1)
9:00am - 3:00pm (Day 2) Location
: Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Downtown Convention Center
513 South Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33602
Sponsors: Armor, CloudCheckr, OKTA, Evident.io, Telos, Trend Micro, Splunk, Coalfire Cloud Passage, SECURE CIRCLE and SAVIYNT
AWS Public Sector customers continue to labor over demonstrating their alignment with security, compliance and audit assertions in AWS customer environments. Additionally, the majority of current technology governance processes relies predominantly on administrative and operational security controls with limited technology enforcement.
This workshop is designed to teach AWS Security Consultants, Practitioners and Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) how to secure and manage regulated customer workloads in AWS. This class will focus on the security of an AWS customer account design (e.g. AWS CIS Foundation Benchmark), security architecture (e.g. AWS CIS 3-Tier Web Benchmark) and security automation leading practices. This workshop is an intermediate to advanced workshop with an emphasis on designing security automation for regulated workloads in AWS (e.g. FedRAMP, PCI, DoD, CJIS, HIPAA, DFARs (800-171), FERPA and others).
The result will enable Consultants, Practitioners and MSSPs to securely design, architect and implement security automation in an AWS customer account. It will also enable attendees to document their security governance/audit readiness through integration of AWS Security Partners from our Public Sector Partner Program, AWS Marketplace and Security Competency Partners and Solutions.
What will I gain from attending this class?
You will learn how to design, innovate and advance technology security & governance through secure automation, which will effectively dominate your governance processes of an AWS customer account. You will learn how to automate security, compliance and real-time audit assertions in an AWS customer account by leveraging technology innovations and the AWS Partner Network (APN) through security automation in the cloud leading practices.
- Establish secure foundational account design and/or remediation of existing customer accounts
- Configure and manage AWS Security Services with a focus on automation
- Implement and design security automation services through AWS services and partner solutions
- Manage, secure and audit the use of AWS services using real-time risk management processes
- Leverage shared compliance across multiple security frameworks (e.g. FedRAMP, PCI, DoD, CJIS, etc.)
- Learn about and leverage key security partners from the AWS Partner Network (APN)
- Learn about Container Security, Serverless Architecture, Advanced Encryption, and Auto-Healing in AWS