Broadcast Date: November 15, 2018
Tape backups. Yes, they're still a thing. If you want to stop using tapes but need to store immutable backups for compliance or operational reasons, attend this tech talk to learn how to make an easy switch to a cloud-based virtual tape library (VTL). AWS Storage Gateway provides a seamless drop-in replacement for tape backups with its Tape Gateway. It works with the major backup software products, so you simply change the target for your backups, and they go to a VTL that stores virtual tapes on Amazon S3 and Amazon Glacier. You'll see a demo of how it works.
- Understand what the AWS Storage Gateway service does
- See how the Tape Gateway connects to existing backup environments on-premises in a few minutes
- Understand where Tape Gateway could fit into your backup architectures
Who Should Attend?
IT Administrators, System Administrators (SysAdmin), Backup Administrator, IT Manager, IT Operations Manager, Infrastructure Manager, Recovery Manager, Storage Admin, Storage Manager
- Bhavin Patel, Sr. Product Manager, AWS
- Mohamed Adly, Global Solutions Architect, AWS
To learn more about the services featured in this talk, please visit:
Service How To
December 19th, 2018 | 1:00 PM PT
Developing Deep Learning Models for Computer Vision with
Amazon EC2 P3 Instances.