Broadcast Date: November 19, 2020
Most businesses know that migrating applications to the cloud can deliver transformational results, but the process can seem complicated or disruptive. Lift-and-shift is a way to migrate to AWS first and then modernize applications as a second step. This means minimal disruption to your environment, while immediately taking advantage of cost savings and improvements in productivity, agility, resilience, and other benefits of the cloud. When it comes time to modernize your applications, you can leverage AWS services to facilitate the process. Join this tech talk to see how you can quickly move to the cloud without making changes to applications, business processes, monitoring, or management interfaces. Satellite telecommunications company Inmarsat will share how they used a lift-and-shift strategy to bring 1,500 workloads to AWS in a very short time and, once in the cloud, gained elasticity, compute, storage, and support capabilities that made it easier to replatform applications.
- Learn how completing a lift-and-shift migration first, then modernizing applications enables you to optimize all of the benefits of moving to AWS
- Dive deep into Inmarsat’s lift-and-shift strategy that allowed them to move 65% of their IT infrastructure to AWS in 6 months
- See how CloudEndure Migration can deliver rapid, reliable self-service migrations to AWS with minimal business disruption
Who Should Attend?
Cloud Architect, Manager/Director of Cloud Operations, Manager/Director of IT, Cloud Engineer
- Melash Moodley, Solution Architect, Migration, AWS
- Tim Brown, Sr. Director of Cloud and Operations, Inmarsat
To learn more about the services featured in this talk, please visit:
Service How To
December 19th, 2018 | 1:00 PM PT
Developing Deep Learning Models for Computer Vision with
Amazon EC2 P3 Instances.