Oracle cost traps and how to overcome them with AWS solutions
Download the latest guide: Avoiding the Oracle Cost Traps in AWS
Many organizations that want the benefits of a migration to AWS are hesitant to migrate their Oracle database workloads. A variety of cost traps and risks need to be assessed and managed to ensure a cost-effective migration to AWS. House of Brick, drawing on extensive experience of helping clients migrate Oracle database solutions to AWS, has proven techniques for addressing all these risks.
In this whitepaper, you will learn how to:
- Consider all the main Oracle database cost traps such as: licensing cost, the fear factor, the operational cost, and the organizational costs.
- Leverage Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) for Oracle to simplify ongoing operations and directly cut costs.
- Migrate to open-source databases such as Amazon Aurora - the potential savings in Oracle licensing can more than justify it.
- Right size Oracle databases in AWS – no more over provisioning in an AWS environment where capacity can be adjusted rapidly to meet demand.
- Have effective strategies for Oracle license wind down as the rules are complex.
- Adopt DevOps techniques for Oracle databases to improve efficiency of Oracle operations and reduce overhead costs.
Fill out the below information to receive the Oracle Cost Traps whitepaper.