While there are various ways to come at cloud migration and transformation, the recommended approach is to first move applications to the cloud and then modernize. This "move and improve" migration strategy allows you to migrate your applications to the cloud with minimal changes and rapidly gain business and technology benefits. Then you can improve those applications with added features, scale, or performance.
Getting started with cloud migration shares six best practices for successfully rehosting and modernizing your applications on the cloud, including:
- Evaluating migration tools based on desired business outcomes
- Creating a detailed migration plan
- Validating technical requirements
- Starting small, then ramping up
- Testing before cutover
- Optimizing migrated applications
Download the eBook to discover how a “move and improve” migration strategy helps you reduce IT costs and improve productivity, business agility, and operational resilience.
Read the eBook