Broadcast Date: June 17, 2019
Radiant Earth Foundation's mission is to help people utilize the vast resources of Earth imagery and tools for new solutions, discoveries, and innovations to address the world's development challenges. To advance cloud-based access to imagery, Radiant Earth has established a publicly available raster tiling service. As a non-profit offering a publicly available service, the goal was always to have this service operate as financially efficiently as possible. To meet this requirement and to simultaneously decrease system latency, it is useful for the tiling to occur as close as possible to each source, even while supporting a globally-distributed audience. To facilitate this, REF operates tiling Lambda functions and API Gateways in all AWS regions and redirects origin requests from Amazon CloudFront to the region where the source data (specified as a query parameter) is hosted on Amazon S3. This minimizes the latency of the (multiple) GET requests made while tiling while also reducing inter-region transfer costs.
- Learn how to run your applications in multi-regions and how [email protected] can help
- Understand best practices on making large amounts of data available in a cloud optimized format, and ways of making that data available to customers
- Learn about Open Data on AWS and the Amazon Sustainability Data Initiative
Who Should Attend?
IT Decision Makers, Application Developers and Engineers, Organizations operating in multiple regions with GDPR constraints, Nonprofits
- Vijay Potharla, Sr. Product Manager, AWS
- Seth Fitzsimmons, Technical Fellow, Radiant Earth and Principal at Pacific Atlas
To learn more about the services featured in this talk, please visit:
Service How To
December 19th, 2018 | 1:00 PM PT
Developing Deep Learning Models for Computer Vision with
Amazon EC2 P3 Instances.