The Importance of Data Security in the Cloud
Global organizations are adopting cloud solutions for a variety of compelling reasons, ranging from new business opportunities to reduction in costs to overall improvements in operational efficiency. That makes security in the cloud more important than ever. In the Cloud Security Alliance’s Top Threats to Cloud Computing research from August 2018, organizations ranked data breaches as the top concern for cloud deployments—no different from the major concerns for on-premises assets.1 Naturally, this also means that as part of the shared responsibility model, organizations have the authority to enable controls in the cloud to protect data from exposure and attack. The good news is that more data security controls and products/ services are available than ever, and they are more fully mature. In this paper, we break down key controls and considerations for protecting your data in the AWS cloud, including encryption and key management, data loss prevention, classifying and tracking data, and more.
In this whitepaper, you'll learn the following:
- The Kinds of Data We’re Putting in the Cloud
- Critical Aspects of Data Security in the Cloud
- Differences in Security Controls for Hybrid Architectures
- Scaling Your Data Security Strategy to the Cloud
- Case Study: Data Security Operations in a Hybrid Architecture
- Stream Amazon CloudWatch Logs data into Amazon Elasticsearch
- Configure Kibana to visualize your data
- Get started with Amazon Elasticsearch Service
Who Should Attend?
IT Professionals, Technical Decision Makers, IT Leaders
Intro body copy here about 2018 re:Invent launches.
Service How To
December 19th, 2018 | 1:00 PM PT
Developing Deep Learning Models for Computer Vision with
Amazon EC2 P3 Instances.