Implementing Operational Excellence using AWS Management and Governance Services
Whether you have migrated to the cloud or just starting, containerized your workloads or thinking about it, understanding the needs of your operations is key to achieving the speed of innovation that the cloud offers. Built on Amazon’s 20+ years of experience in operations management, the best-practice AWS cloud operations model describes the roles, processes, and tooling that enables you to build and operate securely and successfully on the cloud. Join this series to learn the elements of the AWS cloud operations model that will help you improve your management and governance capabilities, security and compliance posture, operational effectiveness, application performance, and ultimately, speed up innovation by migrating to AWS.
Virtual Workshop Episodes
Episode 1: Meeting industry compliance auditing requirements on AWS
August 9, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
Auditing is a fundamental element of infrastructure security, but is also very important to meet regulatory compliance. In this presentation we will go over the right strategy to leverage the different AWS services (AWS Config, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Systems Manager) to implement an efficient auditing strategy. Learn how conformance packs can help you detect and remediate auditing requirements. We will also discuss best practices for CloudTrail implementation, CloudTrail Data events and integration with AWS CloudWatch log insights, and integration with AWS ElasticSearch.
What you learn in Episode 1:
- How AWS CloudTrail can help you meet the auditing requirements for some of the most common frameworks.
- How to leverage conformance packs to enforce auditing requirements.
- How to leverage the different integrations available to examine CloudTrail data.
Who should attend: Security professionals, cloud operations teams, CISO
Speakers: Andres Silva, Principal Solutions Architect- Management Tools, AWS
Episode 2: Implementing Industry compliance frameworks with AWS
August 10, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
Efficiently implementing regulatory compliance can be a daunting task for many customers with diverse compliance requirements. Understanding how AWS services integrate to help achieve compliance at scale can make this a much more simple endeavor. In this session, we will learn how to implement AWS Config conformance packs covering various compliance frameworks, remediate non-compliant resources with AWS Systems Manager and highlight how to provide evidence of compliance using tools such as AWS Config Advance Query and AWS Audit manager.
What you learn in Episode 2:
- How to simplify compliance implementation at scale.
- How to add automation to remediate non-compliant resources.
- How to provide evidence of compliance.
Who should attend: Compliance officers, CISO's, Security teams
Speakers: Isaiah Salinas, Sr. Solutions Architect, AWS & Craig Edwards, Solutions Architect, AWS
Episode 3: AWS Systems Manager Incident Manager
August 11, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
Application availability or performance issues are frustrating for customers. These incidents need to be handled quickly by engineering teams to restore service, but they also provide a unique opportunity to learn and improve how those teams respond in the future. In this session, we will show how to manage and learn from application issues using Incident Manager from AWS Systems Manager, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS Chatbot, and more.
What you learn in Episode 3:
- How to use Incident Manager to respond to application issues.
- What questions to ask in order to learn and improve your incident response.
- How to add automation to your incident management process using AWS Systems Manager.
Who should attend: SRE, DevOps, cloud operations teams, ITSM owners
Speakers: Dave Cliffe, Sr. Product Manager, AWS
Episode 4: Explore Cloud Native Observability with AWS
August 12, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
In this session, we will guide users through the AWS observability suite, and demystify tools we offer that enable collection, analytics, and insights into your logs, metrics, and transaction traces. Users will gain deep insights from proactive alerting, mature automated root cause detection, and application performance and health. Explore how these tools will reduce your time to identify production issues, and how to expose your dashboard presentation capabilities to a wider audience within your organization.
What you learn in Episode 4:
- What cloud native observability tools are available from AWS.
- Understand the techniques of logs, metrics and traces for monitoring application performance and health.
- Determine the services that will enable you to break down data silos, gain system-wide visibility and quickly resolve issues.
Who should attend: SRE, DevOps, Developers, central operations, product managers
Speakers: Rich McDonough, Sr. Specialist Solutions Architect
Episode 5: Open Source Observability with AWS
August 13, 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
Hear from our observability specialist on AWS managed services for open-source observability software. You will learn how AWS makes it easy for our customers to run an open-source observability stack. We will share details on how customers can manage Logging, Tracing, and Metrics using Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus and Grafana, and AWS Distro for Open Telemetry.
What you learn in Episode 5:
- AWS Observability services overview.
- Details and use cases for AWS open source observability services like Amazon Elasticsearch, Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus and Grafana and Open Telemetry.
- How to build logging, tracing and metrics solutions with AWS open source observability services.
- Observability Chat with Saurabh Mehta, Observability Engineering Leader, Airbnb.
Who should attend: SRE, DevOps, Observability Engineers and Leaders
Speakers: Amulya Sharma, Sr. Solutions Architect, AWS & Saurabh Mehta, Sr Engineering Manager Observability, Airbnb