300 | Service Deep Dive
Organizations today are looking to free themselves from the constraints of on-premises commercial databases and leverage the power of cloud native and open source systems. Amazon Aurora is a MySQL- and PostgreSQL-compatible relational database that is built for the cloud, with the speed, reliability, and availability of commercial databases at one-tenth the cost. In this tech talk, we'll demonstrate how to assess and analyze migration complexity of an Oracle database, discuss migration options on AWS, determine database instance sizing, and use migration tooling and automation with Amazon SCT and DMS to modernize the database to Aurora PostgreSQL.
- Learn how to analyze migration of an Oracle database to Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
- Explore SCT database assessment report to understand level of technical complexity
- See how to migrate and modernize the database to Amazon PostgreSQL using Amazon Database Migration Service tool
Who should attend?
Developers, Architects, DBAs, DevOps roles, Security Specialist
- John Winford, Sr. Manager, PMT, AWS
- Sandeep Brahmarouthu, Sr BD, Database Freedom, AWS