September 24 | 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM PT
Level 200 | Virtual Workshop
Customers are looking to better forecast, control, and optimize AWS costs while migrating to and building solutions on AWS. The awareness and understanding of how to visualize and manage your AWS cost and usage is a critical foundation for optimization. In this hands-on lab webinar, you will learn how to improve the cost awareness of your organization by leveraging AWS services, such as AWS Cost Explorer and AWS Budgets, as well as dive deep on the Cost Usage Report (CUR) to get a granular view of your spending. This session will cover useful cost reports you should be using and automation ideas you can implement to proactively track anomalies and enable your organization to achieve higher cost efficiency.
To get the most out of this session, please make sure you have fulfilled the following prerequisites:
- Own an AWS account. If you do not, sign up here.
- Have IAM permission. If you do not, please reference this file and request permission from your AWS Account Administrator.
- Create a Cost Usage Report (CUR) file prior to the session (parquet format). To do so, follow these steps.
- Have a basic understanding of AWS pricing models (RI, Spot, On-demand).
- Learn about how to allocate your AWS costs and create custom reporting
- Learn about how to generate and use the right sizing recommendations
- Learn about how to budget future usage for specific workloads, e.g. serverless and container
Who Should Attend?
Cloud Practitioners, IT Professionals, Financial Analysts and Project Managers with fundamental understanding around AWS cost management tools.
- Arthur Basbaum, AWS Cloud Financial Management, AWS
Intro body copy here about 2018 re:Invent launches.
Register for the webinar
Service How To
December 19th, 2018 | 1:00 PM PT
Developing Deep Learning Models for Computer Vision with
Amazon EC2 P3 Instances.